Spirited. Fun. Free. Sign Up Now. You'll love it!

Weekly Blogger News Sponsors

Meet the Team! Click on Photo

We Love Propay - It's Tripled Our Business

  • Propay_2

    Propay - Makes it easy and affordable for small businesses
    to accept credit cards.

TERMS OF USE

© Nancy Mills. All rights reserved. 2005-2019.

« My Lipstick Stains, The Carpet Cleaner & Love | Main | Australia by Way of L.A. »

April 01, 2010

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Pam

I am glad to have heard about this! Thanks for sharing...I am not allergic.
As for any treatment, a person needs to explore all possibilities before treatment. A good doctor will be able to help with the process.
My daughters may not be good prospects because their father is allergic to bee stings, many chemicals and whatever they put in perfumes.

MiChelle Jeneen

That's an excellent point Jill. As with ANY treatments, knowing one's body, listening to our own inner voice, consultation with our healthcare provider and seeking a qualified/certified practioner is of utmost importance.

According to apitherapy.org, "Contrary to popular belief allergy to honey bee sting is relatively rare: about 7 in a thousand persons is allergic. Of this proportion only a small percentage risks anaphylactic shock. Never the less bee venom treatment is always to be preceded by a test of sensitivity. A sensitive person can be de-sensitized to bee venom, thus allowing Apitherapy to proceed. AAS recommends that any one that uses or administers bee venom have readily available an Epinephrine kit to be used in case of anaphylactic response and know how to use it. Erroneously, many people consider swelling after a sting to be an allergic reaction. Swelling is a normal response of the body as are localized redness, swelling and itching."

Jill, you're right in suggesting that every treatment is not for every person. That is why this is such a great forum for exploration and information sharing. Thanks so much for your comment!

Jill Booth

That sounds wonderful, Michelle. But what about the many people who are allergic to bee stings and who could die of rapid onset anaphylactic shock if they are stung? A friend of mine has this condition, so, obviously would run a mile from such treatment. But what about those who don't know that they are allergic to the toxins?

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

Meet the Team! Click on Photo

WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU ARE A SPIRITED WOMAN?

Categories

FIND OUT HOW TO POST ON A BLOG

Spirited Woman is really growing!